Stir-Fried Pork with Egg-Fried Rice
Fat 34g (11g sat)
Long grain rice 110g (4oz)
Sunflower oil 4 tsp
Boneless pork loin chop 225g (8oz), fat removed and meat cut into thin
Carrots 2, peeled and thinly sliced
Green cabbage 110g (4oz), cored and finely shredded
Garlic 1 clove, peeled and crushed
Tomato ketchup 2 tbsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
Sherry or stock 2 tbsp
Ground ginger ¼ tsp
Spring onions 2, trimmed and thinly sliced
Egg 1, beaten
1. Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan. Add the pork and carrots and stir-fry for 7 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and garlic and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the ketchup, soy sauce, sherry or stock and ginger and mix them together.
5. Drain the rice, then rinse it in hot water and drain again. Dry the saucepan and in it heat the remaining teaspoon of oil. Add the spring onions and cook for 1 minute, then add the rice and beaten egg and cook, stirring until the egg looks scrambled.
6. Spoon the rice and pork stir-fry into warmed bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe taken from Just For One Or Two cookbook.